Reading fluency (15-30 mins): Read to self, read together OR read to me (Book Club text, another good fit book OR Epic! https://www.getepic.com/)
Mrs Buckle’s Epic! Code: htl5326
Mrs Kenwright’s Epic! Code: ize9902
□ Tune in: Watch Mrs Buckle’s video
- We are learning to tune in to interesting and unknown words and find the meaning of these words.
- I can find interesting/unknown words in the text and take note of these (including page number)
- I can try and use context clues to figure out what this words means (by using clues from the text around the word)
- I can use a dictionary to find the meaning of the word
- I can write the definition in my own words so I know what it means
- I can verbally use the work in a different sentence
□ Vocab Enricher:
List 3-5 interesting words and their dictionary meanings from your text.
Make sure you write the meanings in your own words so you understand their meanings.
Other resources: http://mrsbuckle.global2.vic.edu.au/2020/04/20/vocab-enricher/
□ Extension: Complete this role for another book OR find synonyms & antonyms for the words you found to build on your vocabulary.
□ Spelling Fluency (10 minutes):
Find 1 synonym (same meaning) and 1 antonym (opposite) for each of your words
- We are learning to publish informative texts demonstrating our understanding of text structures and language features
- I can reread my draft and make any final changes to fix errors
- I can type or copy my languages paragraph and fix the changes I made during editing
- I can type/write neatly so the reader can follow my work
- I can include illustrations/pictures that are relevant and presented neatly
- I can include a title for this section
□ Tune In:
Although the following link shows how to publish a narrative, the same rules apply to an information report.
□ Publishing: Today you need to publish by rewriting/typing your draft from yesterday on Indigenous food using the presentation method you have chosen. Make sure this is your best work!
□ Include a title for this section
□ Find a picture/map/graphic that can be put alongside this paragraph.
□ Upload a photo to Seesaw Class student journal to show your teacher
□ Counting pattern fluency (10 minutes): Practice the timetables facts for your counting pattern by writing them out.
1 x 2 = 2
2 x 2 = 4
□ Tune in: Watch the videos on partitioning to solve addition & subtraction problems
- We are learning to partition numbers to solve larger addition and subtraction problems.
- I can use my place value knowledge to help me
- I can understand that partitioning means splitting the number into hundreds, tens, ones etc.
□ Activity: Partitioning – Splitting into Tens and Ones to Solve Addition & Subtraction Problems
Worksheet: Splitting into Tens and Ones to Solve Addition & Subtraction Problems (in Learning Pack)
Complete the worksheet as shown in the example.
Extension: Subtraction mental strategies – the split strategy (p 15) in Learning Pack
Tune In: Head to the following websites for more information
Activity: Investigate traditional Indigenous housing. Answer the following questions using the above resources and from the fact sheet in your Remote Learning pack:
- Where did the Aboriginal people live?
- What were their shelters made from?
- Did they live alone or in groups?
- How did they build their shelters
Keep this information safe as you will need it for writing next week.