□ Reading fluency (15-30 mins): Read to self, read together OR read to me (Book Club text, another good fit book OR Epic! https://www.getepic.com/)
Mrs Buckle’s Epic! Code: htl5326
Mrs Kenwright’s Epic! Code: ize9902
Learning Intention: We are learning to write strong questions about a text
- I can create strong “teacher-like” questions
- I can think about who, what, when, where, why & how
- I can think about deeply about the text by considering author’s purpose, themes, opinions etc.
- I can create “thick” questions (not “thin” questions)
□ Discussion Director: Write 3-5 strong questions about your assigned Book Club chapters. Think “teacher-like”, “thick” questions. Complete this task on the Book Club sheet.
□ Extension: Answer your questions in full sentences OR complete this role for another book
Learning Intention: We are learning the graph ‘a’ and the digraph ‘al’
- I can recognise the spelling digraph ‘al’
- I can recognise the spelling graph ‘a’
- I can brainstorm words that include
- I can count how many sounds in a word
- I can find the tricky part in a word
□ New Spelling Pattern (30 minutes) – /a/ and /al/ making the sound “ar” as is banana and half
Have your new spelling pattern in front of you. Watch the introduction to this spelling pattern:
Choose 10 words from the list. Fill out the sounds grid worksheet for your words. Remember you are listening for individual sounds in the word. One sound is to be written in each box (could be two letters that make a digraph like “ea” “sh” “ch” etc.).
Example of how to fill out worksheet:
□ Extension: Brainstorm as many “al” or “a” words as you can.
□ Upload a photo to Seesaw Class (student) app to show your teacher
□ Counting pattern fluency (10 minutes): start at 0 and skip count using your counting goal.
□ Tune in:
Learning Intention: We are learning to understand number lines and fill in missing numbers on a number line
- I can recognise that numbers increase and decrease
- I can draw my attention to the starting point of the number line
- I can think about the intervals of the number line
□ Complete worksheet: Filling In Missing Numbers on a Number Line to 1000 Differentiated Worksheet (in pack)
□ Extension: Worksheet – Add and Subtract Number Line Multiple Choice
□ Once complete send a photo on Seesaw Class (student)
□ Big Life: Today you are completing the Big Life activities.
- To understand & describe what positive and negative emotions are.
- To investigate what mixed emotions are.
- To identify times when we experience positive, negative and mixed emotions.
- I can name positive, negative and mixed emotions.
- I can name times I have experienced positive, negative & mixed emotions.
Melanie will talk about our emotions and explain why it is important to have lots of different emotions in our vocabularies. Melanie will play a game with you to help you understand positive and negative emotions, and then you will need to click on the link https://www.do2learn.com/games/feelingsgame/index.htm to play ‘The Feelings Game’.
Danielle will talk about what positive, negative and mixed emotions are and describe some situations where you might feel mixed emotions. You will then need to complete the table described by Danielle. Click on this link to view the table: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xHAbBwNPcPCVXpYrmg_xnN-MqM-IuLBr/view?usp=sharing