□ Reading fluency (15-30 mins): Read to self, read together OR read to me (Book Club text, another good fit book or Epic! https://www.getepic.com/)
Mrs Buckle’s Epic! Code: htl5326
Mrs Kenwright’s Epic! Code: ize9902
□ Tune in: Watch Mrs Buckle’s lesson – http://mrsbuckle.global2.vic.edu.au/2020/05/01/character-profiler-activity/
- We are learning to find character traits using evidence from the text.
- I can draw a detailed picture of my character.
- I can find character traits of this character.
- I can give evidence of this character trait by using the conjunction “because”
□ Character Profiler: Draw a picture of one character from your Book Club text. Write 3-5 character traits with evidence. (e.g. Auggie is brave because he goes to school even though he looks different.) Remember that character traits are NOT emotions – they are the personality of the character.
These character traits should be evident in the current assigned chapters. Complete this task on the Book Club sheet in your Remote Learning pack.
Other resources here: http://mrsbuckle.global2.vic.edu.au/2020/04/20/character-profiler/
□ Extension: Complete this role for another book OR make a family tree of how all the characters in the text are connected
□ Spelling Fluency (10 minutes): Using the 10 ‘a’ and ‘al’ words you selected yesterday, find the syllables (breaks/chunks) in each of your words.
Optional tune in explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um7ukvphdHY
won•der•ful = 3 syllables
snap• = 1 syllable
bas•ket = 2 syllables
- We are learning to use a template to gather information
- I can organise my ideas
- I can write my brainstorming in simple sentences
- I can include at least four facts
□ Tune In: Watch Mrs Kenwright’s Video
□ Organise and Plan
Today you will be using the template (in pack) to organise the information you gathered last week on Indigenous Housing in preparation for drafting this section of your Information Report tomorrow.
- Where did the Aboriginal people live?
- What were their shelters made from?
- Did they live alone or in groups?
- How did they build their shelters?
□ Upload a photo to Seesaw Class student journal to show your teacher
□ Counting pattern fluency (10 minutes): start at non-zero number and skip count using your counting goal.
□ Tune in:
Learning Intention: We are learning to use the jump strategy on a number line to solve addition and subtraction problems
- I can use my knowledge of ten facts to help me solve problems
- I can use a 100 chart or number line for support
□ Worksheet: Adding and Subtracting on Number Lines
There are no assigned specialist lessons, but head to the blogs to find activities to complete.