Wednesday Week 8 (3rd June)

Reading fluency (15-30 mins): Read to self, read together OR read to me (Book Club text, another good fit book OR Epic! https://www.getepic.com/)

Mrs Buckle’s Epic! Code: htl5326

Mrs Kenwright’s Epic! Code: ize9902

Tune in:

Watch Mrs Buckle’s lesson on making connections

Learning Intention

• We are learning to make connections with a text

Success Criteria

• I can make a text-to-self connection (what does this text remind me about my own life?)
  • I can make a text-to-text connection (what other book/movie does this remind me of?)
  • I can make a text-to-world connection (what does this text remind me of in history or world events that I know about?)

Activity: Complete the Book Club role of Connector: Make connections with the text. Try to make one deep text-to-self, text-to-text and text-to-world connection.

□ Extension (optional): Complete this role for another book OR think “deeper”! What would a Grade 5/6 connection look like?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

□ Spelling Fluency (10 minutes):  Highlight the vowel sounds/consonant sounds in your spelling words

Vowel And Consonant Posters & Worksheets | Teachers Pay Teachers

Tune In: Watch Mrs Buckle’s video on drafting and editing information paragraphs

Learning Intention:

• We are learning to draft and edit an information report section on Indigenous Housing

Success Criteria:

• I can include a sub heading
  • I can use the facts and details about Indigenous Housing from my Informative Prewriting template
  • I can write using paragraphs
  • I can use descriptive language and choose words carefully
  • I can edit my work and correct any errors

Activity: Using your planning from yesterday, draft/write the Housing section of your Indigenous History information report.

Once you have drafted your piece, go back over it and check for spelling and punctuation errors and see if you need to up level any vocabulary or sentence structure. Make sure you have produced the best work you can.

Think of how you could use descriptive language in this paragraph. You still need to engage your reader and try to create a picture in their mind. 

□ Counting pattern fluency (10 minutes):

Roll a dice/flip a card multiplication

E.g. If your counting pattern is 3 and you roll a 4 answer:         3 x 4 = 12

Roll a 6:           3 x 6 = 18

Tune In: Watch Mrs Buckle’s Video on the jump strategy

Subtracting from 100 (Using ten facts)

Learning Intention:

• I am learning to use the jump strategy to solve addition and subtraction problems

Success Criteria:

• I can use an empty number line to solve addition and subtraction problems
  • I can start at the biggest number
  • I can break into tens and ones to do my “jumps”
  • I can check my answers carefully

Worksheet: Adding and Subtracting Using an Empty Number Line (2-digit)

□ Extension:Adding and Subtracting Using an Empty Number Line (3-digit)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Big Life Activity – From Mel

Today’s Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uDeB54H1jaLss232_N7HQzD_vT_pBmAQ/view?usp=sharing

Hello grade 3/4s!

Congratulations – you have nearly reached the end of 8 weeks of online learning!

This lesson, Danielle and Mel will introduce you to the ‘GOLDEN Check-in’. This is a reflection tool that helps us think about what we have been doing with our time, what we have enjoyed, what has been difficult and what we might need moving forward. Mel will run you through a quick brain break, and then her and Danielle will both share their GOLDEN check-ins with you. Then we invite you to write your own GOLDEN check in on a piece of paper or on the Seesaw assigned worksheet.

Don’t forget to submit your wonderful work afterwards.

Have a lovely day!