□ Reading fluency (15-30 mins): Read to self, read together OR read to me (Book Club text, another good fit book OR Epic! https://www.getepic.com/)
Mrs Buckle’s Epic! Code: htl5326
Mrs Kenwright’s Epic! Code: ize9902
□ Tune in: 5 Finger Summary
- We are learning to create a concise summary on the assigned Book Club chapters
- I can concisely summarise the main points of assigned chapters of a book
- I can discuss the characters, setting, problem, solution & message or favourite part of
□ Picture Summary: Draw 6 pictures with one sentence each of what happened in the text to show a summary of the story (worksheet in pack). Ensure this includes who, where, problem & solution of the chapters.
□ Summariser: What happened in these chapters of the book? Think about who, where, the problem, the solution and the message or your favourite part of the assigned chapters. Complete this on loose leaf paper.
□ Extension (optional): Complete this role for another book OR complete both of the summarising tasks
□ Upload a photo to your journal on Seesaw Class (student) app to show your teacher
□ Spelling Fluency (10 minutes): Spelling check – get an adult to test you on your 10 spelling words from this week.
Finish off/reflect/improve on any piece completed this week
Pick a free choice writing prompt from Ultimate 100 Writing Prompts list: http://mrsbuckle.global2.vic.edu.au/2020/05/11/100-writing-prompts/
□ Counting pattern fluency (10 minutes): Free choice on how to practice your counting goal. You could make a song, watch a Youtube clip, flip cards and answer times tables sums etc.
- We are learning to use doubles and near doubles to assist us when solving addition or subtraction problems
- I can recognise doubles and near doubles
- I can transfer this knowledge to help me solve addition & subtraction problems
□ Tune in:
□ Activity: Doubles/Near Doubles
□ Extension: Finished assigned tasks on Mathletics
□ Music: Details of lessons are in your pack. If you have any concerns about the task that is set please email Mrs Dowie. You can also email her to share any photos/videos of your music activities.
There are extra music activities included in lessons plans or on the Music Blog, for those looking for more. http://mrsdowie1.global2.vic.edu.au