□ Reading fluency (15-30 mins): Read to self, read together OR read to me (Book Club text, another good fit book OR Epic! https://www.getepic.com/)
Mrs Buckle’s Epic! Code: htl5326
Mrs Kenwright’s Epic! Code: ize9902
□ Tune in: 5 Finger Summary
- We are learning to create a concise summary on the assigned Book Club chapters
- I can concisely summarise the main points of assigned chapters of a book
- I can discuss the characters, setting, problem, solution & message or favourite part of
□ Summariser: What happened in these chapters of the book? Think about who, where, the problem, the solution and the message or your favourite part of the assigned chapters. Complete this on loose leaf paper.
□ Extension (optional): Complete this role for another book OR complete a picture summary as well
□ Upload a photo to your journal on Seesaw Class (student) app to show your teacher
□ Spelling Fluency (10 minutes): Spelling check – get an adult to test you on your 10 spelling words from this week.
□Writing: Finish off/reflect/improve on any piece completed this week
Pick a free choice writing prompt from Ultimate 100 Writing Prompts list: http://mrsbuckle.global2.vic.edu.au/2020/05/11/100-writing-prompts/
□ Counting pattern fluency (10 minutes): Free choice on how to practice your counting goal. You could make a song, watch a Youtube clip, flip cards and answer times tables sums etc.
Click on this link and find your counting pattern on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLb7Q5jsm9eh_fdDPQmVpyp4XRu-raUbHc
- We are learning to problem solve using a number line
- I can use a number line to help me solve problems
- I can read the question carefully
□ Tune in: Rewatch any of the videos from this week
□ Worksheet: Subtraction mental strategies – the jump strategy (p 13)
□ Extension: Cross Number #1 Puzzle
Enjoy your Friday afternoon!