□ Reading fluency (15-30 mins): Read to self, read together OR read to me (Book Club text, another good fit book or Epic! https://www.getepic.com/)
Mrs Buckle’s Epic! Code: htl5326
Mrs Kenwright’s Epic! Code: ize9902
Today for Book Club you will be completing 2 roles- Character Profiler and Discussion Director
□ Tune in: Watch Mrs Buckle’s lesson – http://mrsbuckle.global2.vic.edu.au/2020/05/01/character-profiler-activity/
- We are learning to find character traits using evidence from the text.
- I can draw a detailed picture of my character.
- I can find character traits of this character.
- I can give evidence of this character trait by using the conjunction “because”
□ Character Profiler Activity: Draw a picture of one character from your Book Club text. Write 3-5 character traits with evidence. (e.g. Auggie is brave because he goes to school even though he looks different.) Remember that character traits are NOT emotions – they are the personality of the character.
These character traits should be evident in the current assigned chapters. Complete this task on the Book Club sheet in your Remote Learning pack.
- We are learning to write strong questions about a text
- I can create strong “teacher-like” questions
- I can think about who, what, when, where, why & how
- I can think about deeply about the text by considering author’s purpose, themes, opinions etc.
- I can create “thick” questions (not “thin” questions)
□ Discussion Director Activity: Write 3-5 strong questions about your assigned Book Club chapters. Think “teacher-like”, “thick” questions. Complete this task on the Book Club sheet.
□ Spelling Fluency (10 minutes): Using the 10 “wh” words you selected to fill in your sounds spelling sheet
Tune In: Watch Mrs Buckle’s video on the ‘wh’ diagraph
- We are learning to use a template to gather information
- I can organise my ideas
- I can write my brainstorming in simple sentences
- I can include at least four facts
□ Tune In: Watch the YouTube clip on note taking
□ Organise and Plan
Today you will be using the Indigenous Food Paragraph Planning (in pack) to organise the information you gathered last week on Indigenous Food in preparation for drafting the Food section of your Information Report tomorrow.
□ Upload a photo to Seesaw Class student journal to show your teacher
□ Counting pattern fluency (10 minutes): start at non-zero number and skip count using your counting goal.
Tune in: Watch Mrs Kenwright’s video on Expanding Numbers
We are learning to expand/partition numbers using place value
- I can identify the place value of 4 digit numbers
- I can construct 4 digit numbers using MAB
- I can write 4 digit numbers in expanded notation
Complete the Worksheet Flip, Draw, Expand (in Learning Pack)
Optional Seesaw activity: I can partition a number.
Choose which specialist activities you would like to do for Tuesday and Wednesday and Friday. You are welcome to do all 4 if you choose!
Don’t forget to email your photos and videos to your specialist teachers!